Heart disease or cardiovascular disease is a condition that affects the heart. There are several conditions attached to the g=heart disease. Each of them varies according to the different problems associated with the heart. Cardiovascular disease generally involves in the blood vessels that cause heart attack, chest pain, stroke and some other conditions affecting muscles and valves in the heart.
There are different types of heart diseases affecting the different branches of the heart. They are as below:
Congenital heart disease: there are some deformities by birth that involves failures in the functioning of the heart.
- Septal defects: This is a common type of congenital disease right from birth. The hole occurs in the septum that separates the lower chambers of the heart.
- Obstruction defects: It blocks the flow of blood through various chambers.
- Cyanotic heart disease: The defect causes a shortage of oxygen.
Arrhythmia: Arrhythmia makes the heartbeat slower or faster beating abnormally. There are different types of arrhythmia based on the different irregular beats which include:
- Tachycardia – It is a condition where the heart beats too fast
- Bradycardia – this condition makes the heartbeat slower than normal.
- Fibrillation – mixed and irregular heartbeat
- Premature ventricular contractions – abnormal beats with an additional rate of beats.
Other heart diseases:
- Coronary artery disease
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Myocardial infarction
- Heart failure
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Mitral regurgitation
- Mitral valve prolapse
- Pulmonary stenosis
The symptoms differ according to the type of disease affecting the individual. However certain symptoms to list are as below:
- Chest pain
- Heart palpitations
- Stomach ache
- Profuse sweating
- Dizzy sensations
- Pain all over the body
- Fast and slow irregular breathing
These are the major symptoms of the conditions in the heart and it keeps going on based on the type the condition is. However, few symptoms arise right from birth.
The major cause of heart disease is due to the damage of certain parts or due to the poor supply of nutrients and oxygen to the organ. Some varieties of heart disease come along with birth. There few lifestyle causes for heart failures. They are as below:
- Smoking and drinking liquors
- Family history
- Eating junk foods
If the condition is mild the medications work fine in reducing cholesterols, thinning the blood to avoid clotting and to reduce blood pressure. The cardiologists suggest surgeries if the condition is severe.
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Heart valve surgery