Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the failure to keep or get an erection hard enough to have sexual intercourse. Occasional ED is not unusual. Stress is a very common reason for occasional ED for many men, but frequent ED can be an indication of health problems that need consultation from a professional. About one in five men report ED and this number increases with age.
Erectile dysfunction symptoms might include persistent:
- Difficulty in getting an erection
- Difficulty maintaining an erection during sexual activities
- Reduced sexual need or desire
- Premature ejaculation delayed ejaculation
- Incapability to complete orgasm after sufficient stimulation.
There are a lot of reasons that cause erectile dysfunction. Some of them are listed below:
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Drug use, Consumption of too much Alcohol, regular usage of Tobacco products.
- Low testosterone levels or other hormone imbalances.
- Stress, anxiety, depression.
- Certain prescription medications.
- Age: old age can also lead to ED.
Even though ED can be of panic in men, it is more common than you think and, obviously, treatable.
But before we look at the treatment of ED, let us have a look at some preventive measures that men should take to avoid ED.
Preventing ED has everything to do be leading a healthy lifestyle, which includes
- Regular medical checkups
- Stop smoking, limit or avoid alcohol, and do not use illegal drugs (obviously).
- Regular physical exercise.
- Take active measures to reduce stress.
- Take your mental health seriously and get help if needed.
- avanafil (Stendra)
- vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn)
- tadalafil (Cialis)
- sildenafil (Viagra)
- Stress ●
- Anxiety ●
- Depression ●
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Some of the treatments for Erectile Dysfunction are:
Some oral medications to trigger the blood flow in the penis are:
None of these medicines should be consumed without a prescription from a licensed doctor.
2. Talk Therapy
The psychological factor that contributes to ED, which includes:
If you are experiencing any of the above mental health problems, please consult a therapist as soon as possible. Nothing is more important than your mental health.
3. Vacuum Pumps
This treatment uses the formation of a vacuum around the penis to fuel an erection. Using the vacuum, the blood is drawn into the penis, which leads to an erection.