The pelvis is the place where all our reproductive organs are. It is situated at the conjunction point of the lower abdomen and legs. Pelvic pain can be very uncomfortable and often originates in the lower abdomen. This makes it hard to differentiate abdominal pain.
Chronic pelvic pain may be a result of different causes. The symptoms, however, may vary from one to another. The symptoms are however similar to other diseases as well. Chronic pelvic pain can be caused due to any medical problem too. So, it can get treated effectively too.
Chronic pelvic pain can be very uncomfortable. It is necessary to identify the exact cause so that it can be treated effectively. The causes include
- Endometriosis: In this condition, the uterus lining grows out of the uterus. The blood and tissue are unable to move out of the vagina, which leads to the development of painful and uncomfortable cysts.
- Fibroids: These are non-cancerous growth around the uterus, often causing pressure or heavy feeling across the lower abdomen.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: The irritable bowel syndrome may also be a cause of pelvic pain due to an increase in constipation, bloating, and diarrhea.
- Pelvic congestion syndrome: Doctors believe that varicose veins type of inflammation happens across the uterus and ovaries as well. This is a pelvic congestion syndrome that causes pelvic pain.
- Chronic pelvic inflammatory disease: This is a long-term infection that is mostly sexually transmitted disease leading to pelvic organ scarring.
The doctor may sweep hands over your body correctly. Chronic pelvic pain symptoms may often have
- Steady and extreme pain
- Mild or severe cramping
- Pressure around the pelvis
- Intermittent pain
Apart from that, you may also experience
- Painful intercourse
- Pain due to prolonged sitting
- Irritable bowel movement and urination
Over-the-counter medicines and lifestyle changes can help get over chronic pelvic pain.
The home remedies helpful for treating chronic pelvic pain include
- Practice yoga
- Practice light exercise
- Consume herbs such as willow barks